Full Time Position in Glen Rock, NJ
For nearly a century, the Opici name has stood for high quality, consistency and value. Our history is about a commitment to building lasting relationships with our customers, suppliers and employees based on trust, respect and a common purpose. Our mission is to continue to offer the highest quality product at the best possible prices. – Hubert Opici (3/13/1916 – 9/11/2018), American Wine Legend, Wine Enthusiast (2012)
The Opici Group, a Wine & Spirits Distributor is currently seeking a Business Manager to join our New Jersey Sales Team. The is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Business Manager is responsible for a particular supplier or group of suppliers to manage sales and marketing strategies and financial objectives. The Business Manager serves as the leader on a particular portfolio, manages all aspects of the supplier’s business and is the key link between sales and finance.
- Aligns supplier and company goals by working with the General Sales Manager and supplier partners, to build the annual planning calendar, pricing plan, promotional calendar and incentives.
- Manages gross profit by negotiating price and rip supports, verifying those supports internally and managing budgets for the year
- Files pricing internally within state mandated guidelines and enters price supports within internal systems to validate rip and depletion allowance supports
- Works with Purchasing to adequately supply inventory needs for upcoming program periods thru effective forecasting analysis
- Updates monthly internal supplier banks and budgets by tracking spend to keep in lines with annual budget guidelines. Updates Divisional GM and EVP Sales on budget status on a monthly basis
- Works with the General Sales Manager toward achievement of the supplier plan by ensuring divisional sales goals are set, target accounts defined and performance is tracked.
- Integral role in planning and preparation of General Sales Meetings and priority focus brand initiatives by creating sell sheets and other selling materials for sales team to utilize in the field
- Oversees and approves supplier bill backs and manages supplier A/R statements
- Develops and participates in supplier business reviews and monthly supplier meetings
- Maintains accurate inventory of POS materials by working with suppliers and in house team to effectively be able to communicate to sales team what is currently available
- Works in the field each month with Sales Team
- Equivalent training and work experience required
- Ability to hold a valid New Jersey Solicitors Permit
- A minimum of 5+ years in sales/marketing or industry related experience
- Must be a creative independent thinker who isn’t afraid to think outside the box and go against the status quo
- High working knowledge of wine and spirits industry is required
- Results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and strong with financial numbers
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Diver
- Strong budgeting, forecasting and accounting skills required
COMPENSATION: Salary position determined by experience.
Benefit Package. 401k with Company Match. Paid Time Off.
Please submit a resume for consideration.