OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Full Time Driver to join our Connecticut Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Driver will safely, efficiently, and accurately deliver product daily to customers on the assigned route. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction while maintaining a safe work environment. The normal shift is Monday – Friday 9pm-6am with additional days occasionally needed during high volume times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect the Tractor vehicle for road readiness – tires, mirrors, fluid levels, clean interior of vehicle and maintain cleanliness of vehicle.
- Adhering to all Company safety and protocol guidelines
- Safely and efficiently operate the delivery vehicle following all traffic laws. Samsara telematics will be used to measure safety levels.
- Pick up and return of goods for customer orders to the warehouse for processing.
- Neatly and accurately complete daily paperwork.
- Secure the delivery vehicle and all related materials before ending the workday.
- Comply with all OSHA and other state and federal workplace regulations.
- Communicate and cooperate professionally with supervisors, coworkers and customers. Work as a Team
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, regulations, and policies.
- CDL A License required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Driver experience required
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing arena while maintaining a safe, clean, and organized team environment.
- Motivated and the ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds, and reach, pull and bend without difficulty.
- Ability to climb stairs and into delivery vehicle, walk, kneel, crouch, bend.
- Ability and capacity to complete labor-intensive work
- Ability to work extended hours if required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Hourly rate position determined by experience. Eligible for 401k (with Company Match) and Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!