For nearly a century, the Opici name has stood for high quality, consistency and value. Our history is about a commitment to building lasting relationships with our customers, suppliers and employees based on trust, respect and a common purpose. Our mission is to continue to offer the highest quality product at the best possible prices. – Hubert Opici (3/13/1916 – 9/11/2018), American Wine Legend, Wine Enthusiast (2012)
OPICI Family Distributing, a family owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Merchandiser to join our Upstate New York Sales Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Merchandiser is responsible for merchandising of products assigned to the territory of accounts. The position will report to Director of Sales – New York. The position is a field position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage POS Inventory from Receiving Dock, to Flow area, to shipping/delivery to market areas and customers
- Create POS Process for Suppliers: Manage the needs of the business in collaboration with Portfolio Team and Sales, properly utilize resources, prevent waste of bulk POS arriving quarterly, and avoid bottleneck of unused materials
- Call on assigned group of accounts to merchandise products in retail stores
- Build displays in accounts using point of sale materials
- Manage Sample Process: Work with Syracuse Admin, Senior Brand Manager, and Director of Sales for NYS to ensure timeliness and efficiency of sample process end to end for delivery to Sales Geographies
- Occasionally make deliveries of products to accounts.
- Assist with other Warehouse and Administrative duties, as necessary.
- Excellent Customer Relations skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and the ability to work independently and/or in a group setting.
- Multi-tasking capability (Adaptable & Flexible).
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work extended hours if required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred but not necessary if candidate has one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license mandatory, with acceptable to good driving record.
- Self-starter with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Hourly rate position determined by experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.