OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a dynamic outgoing Regional Manager to join our Upstate New York Sales Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Region Manager is responsible to Execute and Deliver Sales Plans through effective management of Sales Teams in their region. The position will report to Director of Sales – New York. The position is a field position.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Execution of Go To Market Strategies.
- Lead Sales Team, assess talent, make suggestions for training, and developing skill sets to drive personnel to success.
- Execute plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Execute the route to market and sale strategies within their region of responsibility.
- Strive to develop the optimal sales force through proper coaching of each function of a sales consultant, i.e., Surveying, Selling, Activating, Opening New Accounts, and Administrative Organization.
- Monitor performance and execution of MBOs and incentive programs for all direct sales reports.
- Work with sales team to deliver detailed and accurate sales forecasting and demand planning by vendor.
- Manage key customer relationships across markets and channels.
- Coordinate with DOS, EVP and DPM all sales division communication between all corporate operational departments.
- Manage communication between sales team, DOS, EVP, DPM and supplier partners
- Take ownership of sales results, adjust and rebalance both sales planning and personnel to drive success.
- Manage communication from DOS, EVP and DPM.
- Increase the skills and capabilities of the sales team through proper coaching and training.
- Manage budgets: Time & Expense and Samples
- Work in the field with sales team; observe, coach, provide detailed feedback with next steps
- Attend Dinners and Company functions as needed outside of normal business hours.
- Perform annual and bi-annual performance reviews for sales team.
- Minimum 5 years industry sales experience.
- WSET Level 2
- 4-year College Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office a must with an emphasis on Excel usage.
- Excellent organizational, planning and management skills.
- Experience in Common industry software preferred – Diver (Power user), GreatVines, SevenFifty.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication Skills – ability to problem solve.
- Multi-tasking capability (Adaptable & Flexible).
- Ability to work extended hours if required.
- Ability to travel
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
COMPENSATION: Salary position determined by experience. Bonus potential. Eligible for Supplier Incentives. Eligible for full health and 401k benefits. Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!