About Opici Wines & Spirits: Opici Wines & Spirits is a Sister Company of Opici Family Distributing. Opici Wine & Spirits was named “Importer of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast. Opici Wines & Spirits is a dynamic importer and producer of fine wines and artisanal spirits from around the globe. The portfolio consists of nearly 50 brands and is available nationally. Founded in 1913 and fully family owned, management of the company is now in the capable hands of the fourth generation.
The Position: This full-time marketing position will be responsible for bringing to life new-to-world brands, soliciting / integrating agency brands, and assisting the brand team with line extensions/pack refreshed for established brands. The senior innovation manager will also develop launch plans and fully manage these new brands until outside of NPD process. This role will focus on innovation for both wine and spirits.
- Develop and build out New Product Development Process, including gate checks, creating a universally used NPD structure and approach corporately
- Follow trends and industry news to establish a good pulse on market needs (data mining)
- Develop and foster relationship cross functionally to have connections to the sources for materials needed (dry goods suppliers, liquid suppliers. Etc.) to bring projects to life
- Organize and manage the innovation project pipeline and timeline from initial concepts to execution: build brand identities, organize pricing, research competitive sets, organize launch timing, source new samples, work with designer on packaging design, etc.
- Liaise with key players like winery/distiller partners and operations/sales/etc to flesh out project and develop commercialization strategy with these key players in mind
- Manage the brands and execute strategic initiatives until no longer in “launch” mode, including transitioning the project to new key stakeholder
- Collaborate with brand managers on item line extensions and pack refreshes; provide commercial insights and strategic needs on existing brands in coordination with brand teams
- Vet potential new opportunities including agency brands, new categories, etc.
- Fill pipeline with innovation projects to keep a consistent rotation of new items planned for future launches & evaluate market needs with projects currently in the works to determine allocation of time and resources
- Work with Director of Marketing & Brand Team on strategic and tactical planning/execution
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant experience in BevAl space with experience launching new items in the Wine & Spirits sector
- Relevant experience such as Brand Management needed with history of new product launches.
- Project Management experience or technical BevAlc experience in liquid or packaging R+D a plus.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills with strong attention to details
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Detail oriented self-starter that can enthusiastically and cooperatively work cross functionally to produce results
- Innovative mindset and inspired to bring something new to this space—willingness to blaze new trails and develop NPD strategy
- Proven ability to analyze data, identify strategic opportunities, and develop business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, manage and deliver innovation projects to market across all phases of the innovation stage gate process (ideation to launch).
- Very comfortable with ambiguity and possessing the ability to bring structure to abstract business challenges.
- Solution-oriented thinker who is easily adaptable to unforeseen issues and circumstances
- Financially driven to deliver results and think about KPIs and ROI
- Excellent presentation and communication skills needed to make business cases for new items and present plans for brands.
- Extensive experience collaborating with external partners (e.g., advertising, design, digital, promotions agencies) to develop brand strategies and creative/design assets.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Compensation based on experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!