OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Regional Manager to join our Connecticut Sales Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
The Regional Manager is responsible for managing all on/off premise activities and programming within his/her designated accounts & distributors to ensure maximum market penetration, brand awareness and sell-through. He/she will ensure our programing is executed through the sales force in accordance with the business plans agreed upon. The Regional Manager is expected to understand and embrace the Opici family philosophy, passion and company culture. The regional manager must show creativity and share “out of the box” ideas to grow territories business; leadership with inspiring team to perform at maximum capacity; teamwork, productively working with colleagues and management; and vision to see and execute for the long view of growth in the market.
- Develops and effective marketing and sales strategic plan in order to maximize wine distribution within an established or growing customer base.
- Analyzes current markets identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Works in the market with sales consultants; provides suggestions on strategies to increase business.
- Provides educational programs, materials, and service to the sales consultants
- Conducts tastings, attends dinners and participates in trade shows as necessary
- Works, when necessary, with the accounting department to resolve any billing issues within their designated territory
- Responsible for staffing, staff planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling expenditures
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled
- Meets agreed upon
goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
- 3+ years of experience in the wine/spirits industry
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Valid driver’s
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Needs excellent time management skills
- Technology Skills: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Commitment to Customers and Suppliers
- Competitive Urgency
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to self-direct projects
- History of delivering high quality work on short deadlines
- Ability to identify and communicate relevant and compelling brand benefits and traits
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Results oriented
- Superior follow through and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Positive attitude and approach to others
- Accountability and Trust
- Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas
- Ability to forge strong relationships
- Adaptability, flexibility, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Concise, articulate, and productive communication style
- Self-motivation with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Passion for work in the Wine Industry
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Bonus eligible
- Eligible for Health and Welfare Package with Life Insurance
- 401k (with Company Match).
- Paid Time Off.
- Car/phone allowance.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!