OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is an Excellent Opportunity to be part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: This individual must be analytical, detail orientated, responsible, and dependable. The ideal candidate will be able to learn our systems and be comfortable working in a multiple company environment.
The main function of this position is to provide high level accounting support using experience in the field and skills learned. They will be responsible for many deadlines related to our monthly close. The successful candidate will be involved in the migration from our current accounting system, Sage100 to a new ERP system, MS Dynamics 365. The Senior Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Supervision of the accounting team
- Oversee month-end closing responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation of state excise tax returns
- Propose internal control procedures modifications if necessary
- Ensure preparation and posting of monthly JE’s
- Work with Finance Team in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Assist with the testing and implementation of MS Dynamics 365
- Assist with annual bank collateral exams and year-end audits
- Proficient in MS Dynamics 365 – Treasury Automation Suite a plus
- Experience with Sage100 a plus
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent Excel skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and teamwork skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Beverage distribution industry experience a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years accounting experience necessary
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Compensation based on experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI. Please include salary requirements when applying.