OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: We are looking for someone with solid accounting knowledge and experience to work in the Finance Department. The successful candidate will be learning all of our company’s internal systems and will be responsible for the many deadlines related to our monthly accounting close. In addition, they will be involved in the migration of several of our current ERP systems to Microsoft Dynamics 365.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Preparing and posting monthly journal entries
- Monthly balance sheet and subledger reconciliations
- Preparation of several state excise tax returns
- Assistance with testing the new MS Dynamics 365 ERP system
- Completing assigned bank account reconciliations to GL
- Assist with annual year-end audits and bank collateral exams
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent Excel skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and teamwork skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and master new systems
- Ability to work efficiently and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 a plus
- Experience with Sage100 a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years accounting experience necessary
- BS Degree in Accounting required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Compensation on the basis of experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package. 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!