OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is an Excellent Opportunity to be part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: This individual must be analytical, detail orientated, responsible, and dependable. The ideal candidate will be able to learn our systems and be comfortable working in a multiple company environment.
The main function of this position is to provide accounting support using experience in the field and skills learned. They will be responsible for many deadlines related to our monthly close. The successful candidate will be involved in the migration from our current accounting system, Sage100 to a new ERP system, MS Dynamics 365. The Staff Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of cash accounts
- Responsible for balance sheet and subledger reconciliations
- Prepare and post monthly JE’s
- Responsible for updating the Fixed Asset database in Sage Fixed Assets
- Assist in testing and migration from current systems to MS Dynamics 365
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 a plus
- Experience with Sage100 a plus
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent Excel skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and teamwork skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Beverage distribution industry experience a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years accounting experience necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Compensation based on experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI. Please include salary requirements when applying.