TO: ALL CUSTOMERS
FROM: Ron Gallo – EVP Operations Finance, Opici Family Distributing
DATE: March 23, 2020
RE: Delivery Guidelines related to COVID-19
To Our Valued Customers:
To begin with, we thank you for your continued support during this National crisis. As we strive to protect our employees, customers and communities from transmission of the coronavirus, we are implementing the following procedures for delivery service effective March 23, 2020.
As we resume delivery service this week, the following delivery guidelines will be in place in order of preference. Please contact your Salesperson with any comments/direction/changes to the listed process, and we will look to accommodate where feasible.
• Customer deliveries will be “curbside” or “door” deliveries which would eliminate the need for our driver to physically enter a location. If customers would like, we can have our drivers call ahead just prior to the delivery.
• Customer deliveries will be to a specific back room or storage area; this will eliminate the need for our Drivers to enter the retail floor space where they would be sharing personal space with the store’s employees and customers.
• For customer deliveries that must take place through the storefront, and assuming there is not a reasonable alternative, we would ask for our customers to designate an area within 15 feet of the entrance where goods can be staged.
• Eliminate requests to place product in store aisles, as this may undermine the intent of the above.
• We are providing, or have attempted to provide, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, disposable gloves and face masks to our drivers, however, supplies have been difficult to maintain due to scarcity of availability.
• Everyone should maintain personal space guidelines of 6 feet and we should refrain from any touching, including shaking hands. In addition, best practice also calls for customers using their own pens to sign/confirm deliveries, rather than sharing.
We will begin to implement these procedures beginning Monday, March 23rd, 2020. Our industry so far has had the benefit of continuing strong business at the retail store level, and many customers have been allowed to provide product to be sold as part of take out or delivery orders. Our objective is to support this business environment as well as we can, but with consideration and protections in place for all.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and your support during these difficult times. Stay safe and healthy.