OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Class B Driver to join our growing Company and our Operations Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Driver will safely, efficiently, and accurately deliver product daily to customers on the assigned route. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction while maintaining a safe work environment. This role entails route driving and delivery in the Metro New York and North New Jersey area. Generally, a 4×10 Tuesday – Friday shift but may be a 5×8 Monday – Friday shift, depending on Union Bids and Seniority. Additional days/hours needed during high volume times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect the delivery vehicle for road readiness – tires, mirrors, fluid levels, clean interior of vehicle and maintain cleanliness of vehicle.
- Adhering to all Company safety and protocol guidelines, deliver product to customers safely, efficiently, and accurately. Route must be completed before returning to the warehouse.
- Use any delivery applications during route.
- Safely and efficiently operate the delivery vehicle following all traffic laws. Samsara telematics will be used to measure safety levels.
- Pick up and return refused, damaged goods or customer pickups to the warehouse for processing.
- Neatly and accurately complete daily paperwork.
- Secure the delivery vehicle and all related materials before ending the workday.
- Comply with all DOT, FMCSA, OSHA and other state and federal workplace regulations.
- Communicate and cooperate professionally with supervisors, coworkers and customers. Work as a Team.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, regulations, and policies.
- High School Diploma, GED, or required experience in related field.
- Must have a Clean Class B License
- Must have 2 years CDL experience and valid DOT medical card.
- Must be able to use hand truck for basement deliveries when needed.
- Must be able to consistently lift, push, pull 40 pounds and reach, pull and bend without difficulty.
- Must have knowledge of all NY/NJ metro areas.
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: . Current starting rate in accordance with Teamsters Local 863 is $20 per hour with increases yearly. OT paid per day for hours worked over assigned shift. Eligibility for Health and Welfare Package with Local 863 once qualified to be a Union Member. Will be responsible for Union Initiation and Dues.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!