OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Credit Assistant to join our Customer Operations Team, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is an Excellent Opportunity to be part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: Maintain a high-level of operational support through consistent and timely response to sales and customer inquiries, debt collection, account management, state reporting, payment application, and any additional project requests. This job receives close to nominal supervision on a daily basis by the Credit Manager
- Account Support and Debt Collection: Respond to customer inquiries via the 800-line, voicemail and email systems, and fax machine. Proactively contact accounts with past due amounts to collect payment. Work with accounts to set and maintain credit limits, create payment plans, research invoice disputes, invoice term changes, state reporting of past due accounts, submit accounts for collection, and address any additional questions or issues.
- Department Support: Assist department with various tasks, such as manage and maintain reports, manage and maintain customer payment notifications, and assist with collection efforts.
- Payment Processing: Assist department with processing of daily check, salesman deposits, or ACH payments received in. Reconciliation on short paid invoices due to unknown deductions, overpayments, additional problems, and hold checks.
- Credit Management: Manage all credit related responsibilities for an assigned sales team; respond to customer and sales inquiries, proactively contact customers and salespeople with past due amounts to collect payment, establish payment plans, research invoice disputes, invoice term changes, state reporting of past due accounts, submit accounts for outside collection agency and address any additional questions or issues.
- Project Support: There are a variety of Credit projects requiring daily, weekly, or monthly attention. Project leads are assigned to each project to manage the workflow and ensure deadlines are met. Each CR may be assigned to multiple projects. Additional projects may be assigned or reassigned by department manager as needed.
- System Knowledge: Stay current on all computer systems, including, but not limited to: MainOL, OnRequest Reports, Microsoft Office Products, and various state liquor authority websites.
- Computer knowledge and navigation
- Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Proficient typing ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in English
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Hourly Compensation on the basis of experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!