OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Day Warehouse Manager to join our Operations Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
Primary responsibilities include the direct leadership and managing of warehouse personnel, process and procedural design, mapping, and compliance, aimed at ensuring the highest level of customer service, while controlling costs associated with the Opici Wines & Spirits operations. The position will also support the Operations Manager on the strategy and vision for the facility and provide input towards the support, growth, and sustainability of the business.
- Lead a team of 4-6 workers that process orders for OWS, meeting customer specific compliance standards and delivery deadlines.
- Monitor Day to day warehousing activities, including inbound container schedule, receiving of product, and the preparation of intra and intercompany transfers.
- The position requires a high direction of autonomy and self-direction. Repeated functions performed by the tactical areas are overseen and management is empowered to introduce or implement some level of deviation. Larger changes to format are discussed with the Warehouse Operation Manager, and OWS Sales and Support Team.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a warehouse operations position.
- Experience managing a team of employees, preferably in a union.
- High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Proficiency in all Windows based software, including Outlook and Microsoft Teams. Experience with WMS, D365, and other technologies that may become associated with the business unit.
- Ability to handle labor relationship issues which includes organized labor, and non-union personnel.
- Participation and collaboration with cross departmental teams, and interaction with individuals at different levels of the organizational chart.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: A Salaried Based Position. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package with Life Insurance and 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.