OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Fine Wine Portfolio Manager for our Metro, NY office. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Opici Group is looking for a dynamic outgoing Fine Wine Portfolio Manager to work with a family-owned company and represent fine wines and spirits from all over the world.
OPEN POSITIONS: Sales and/or marketing experienced professional, preferably in a luxury environment. The Portfolio Manager is a cross-functional, centralized position that serves as a link between our suppliers, and sales network. The position is responsible for leading business planning (pricing, budgeting, forecasting) and day-to-day management (tactics, relationship management) of an assigned portfolio of brands. The role requires strong negotiation skills and interpersonal dexterity to manage portfolio and brand performance on both the supply and sales side. The position reports to the Director of Portfolio Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop business plan across portfolio of brands, in line with overall company goals, sales targets and budgets. Track and update sales programs and goals on a consistent basis
- Build and develop financial plans for portfolio including sales and profitability goals.
- Manage Pricing to ensure effective price positioning and sales resources.
- Educate and motivate sales organization on portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or 5+ years of related industry experience, specialized in Fine Wine or Craft business.
- Detailed understanding of off-premises and on-premises prestige accounts. and fine wine retail business.
- Excellent communication, relationship-building, and management skills.
- Passion and knowledge of fine wine & wine regions, as well as mixology and gastronomy (CSW, WSET III+, or other similar credentials a plus)
- Strong computer skills are a MUST (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint). Diver, IDIG a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary position determined by experience, Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Holidays and Paid Time Off.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com