OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking an Inventory Control Specialist to join our Operations Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
The Inventory Control Specialist will maintain the organizations inventory, utilizing technology and company owned software to accurately record real time inventory transactions, receipts and issues. The scope of work includes daily cycle counting and stock checks, vintage management, reconciliation of returns, damages and unsalable, and providing report outs of all such activities. The individual will also ensure integrity of high value product, implement and support measures to eliminate shrinkage and support management in driving change and introducing process improvement.
- Daily Cycle counting, including reconciliation of shorts, returns and warehouse missing.
- Work collaboratively with warehouse employees to maintain inventory accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Perform all WMS related receiving and transfer functions, including container creation and receipt, intra and inter company transfers, and outside vendor PO’s.
- Maintain highest levels of visibility and accountability for high value products and other high profile sku’s.
- Utilize process, technology, including Hi-Jump, Mainol, or any other corporate technologies and reports to maintain vintage accuracy and proper stock rotation.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures, analyzing stocking and seasonality levels to identify and maximize warehousing and storage. Includes lay out of bulk locations, picking locations, caged areas and bottle room.
- Lead and conduct physical inventory during dedicated shut down weeks.
The position requires a high level of autonomy and self-direction. Repeated functions performed by the tactical areas are overseen and management is empowered to introduce or implement some level of deviation. Larger changes to format are discussed with the management team.
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP/WMS).
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create and analyze reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: . Compensation based on experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package. 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!