OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Material Handling Equipment Tech – Mechanic to join our Operations Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
The Material Handling Equipment Tech – Mechanic completes daily material handling equipment repairs to fleet as they arrive. Perform emergency breakdown repairs when needed as directed by Management. Troubleshoot all electrical and mechanical problems for material handling fleet. The position will adhere to, and ensure compliance with Federal, State & OSJL company safety and compliance regulations.
- Maintain scheduling of PM’s for all material handling equipment and ensure that equipment is serviced in line with set schedule. Maintain the logs and records of the PM’s and track down equipment that is overdue or missed scheduled service.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on all forklifts and material handling equipment as needed.
- Assist with maintenance and repair of Opici delivery fleet when needed.
- Maintain shop cleanliness and organization.
- Maintain required material handling parts and supply inventory.
- Assist other departments with maintenance functions as needed.
- Interpret manufacturer’s technical manuals to diagnose different brands of equipment and perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Maintain highest levels of visibility and accountability for inventory and supplies.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by Management.
- Technical school graduate.
- 3 years forklift / material handling experience required.
- 3 years related industry experience preferred.
- Automotive / truck experience is preferred.
- Reliable, trustworthy, dependable, punctual and able to work independently with normal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Platforms and appropriate portals for diagnostics and vehicle electronics helpful.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: . Compensation based on experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package. 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!