OPICI Family Distributing, a family owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a dynamic outgoing Sales Representative to join our Metro New York Sales Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Representative is responsible for presenting wines and spirits to retail and restaurant accounts in an assigned territory in Brooklyn. The position sells to retail accounts on supporting brands in-store through effective management of pricing, shelf positioning, displays and cold box placements. The position sells restaurants on supporting brands through effective management of wine by the glass, cocktail features, wine list placements, etc. The position will prospect and sell to unsold retail and restaurant accounts.
- Increase sales in on and off premise accounts as well as add new accounts to the territory.
- Execute an overall sales strategy to meet and exceed revenue and placement goals.
- Provide exemplary sales and ongoing customer service for all accounts – including in-store tastings and staff trainings
- Professionally plan and execute supplier market visits in your territory
- Attend sales meetings, annual portfolio tastings and other company events.
- Must be passionate about forming and growing relationships.
- The ability to make effective presentations on products to customers and close the sale.
- Must be able to handle administrative and territory management responsibilities.
- 4 years of industry experience preferred.
- Passion for fine wine and craft spirits and desire to increase overall knowledge through education
- Must be outgoing, personable and represent the company in a professional manner
- Must have valid driver’s license, with acceptable to good driving record.
- Must own or have daily access to a vehicle
- Computer literate with excel skills
- Self-starter with strong communication, interpersonal skills with excellent customer relations skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull 40+ pounds.
- Good mathematical skills preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary for 6 months with transition to 100% Commission-based position with monthly established draw. Expense allowance. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank your for your interest in OPICI !