OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Mid shift Warehouse Manager. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Opici Group is looking for a dynamic outgoing Mid shift Warehouse Manager to work with a family-owned company and represent fine wines and spirits from all over the world.
OPEN POSITIONS: Mid shift Warehouse Manager
Primary responsibilities include daily routing, production shift hand-off, the direct leadership and managing of warehouse personnel when needed, process and procedural design, mapping, and compliance, aimed at ensuring the highest level of customer service, while controlling costs associated with operations. The position will also support the Operations Manager on the strategy and vision for the facility and provide input towards the support, growth, and sustainability of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using Omnitracs Platform for all routing all standardized routes in Southern NJ. This will include troubleshooting/ daily item maintenance to ensure all routes are run at optimal levels for efficiency.
- Check in drivers, accounting for dirty invoices, refusals, returns and breakages.
- Utilize Samsara and telematics to measure driving efficiencies and safety scores for unionized drivers. Use the technology to close the loop on MOR and harsh events. Assist in any accident investigations and provide video and data to support findings.
- Ensure code compliance with all areas associated with operations and maintain safety awareness & training among staff.
- Attend conference calls and meetings regarding operational issues. Frequently observe the building and the needs of the warehouse and equipment. Complete payroll to be submitted to HR.
- Complete special projects and other duties assigned by upper management.
- High School Diploma, College degree, or experience in related field required.
- Proficiency in all Windows based software, including Outlook and Microsoft Teams. Experience with WMS, D365, and other technologies that may become associated with the business unit.
- Ability to handle labor relationship issues which includes organized labor, and non-union personnel. Participation and collaboration with cross departmental teams, and interaction with individuals at different levels of the organizational chart.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a warehouse operations position. Experience managing a team of employees, preferably in a union.
- Lifting – Up to 50 lbs
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Expense allowances, Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Holidays and Paid Time Off.
To be considered for this position, please reach out to Donald Bove, Warehouse Operations Manager, BoveD@opici.com