OPICI Family Distributing, a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Sales Representative to join our New Jersey Sales Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
The Distributor Sales Representative will:
- Present wines and spirits to retail and restaurant accounts in an assigned territory – Bergen, Hudson, Passaic, Essex Counties.
- Sell retail accounts on supporting brands in-store through effective management of pricing, shelf positioning, displays and cold box placements.
- Sell restaurants on supporting brands through effective management of wine by the glass, cocktail features, wine list placements, etc.
- Prospect and sell to unsold restaurant accounts.
- Achieve sales targets consistently in territory.
- Must be passionate about forming and growing relationships.
- The ability to make effective presentations on products to customers and close the sale.
- Help support accounts on having product sell through to consumers. Must be willing to go the extra mile, by managing product positioning and improving how our products look in accounts.
- Weekly in-store shopper tastings to help promote
- and sell product through.
- Must be able to handle administrative and territory management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Self-starter with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good mathematical skills preferred
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with proper Insurance levels per Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Base salary or 100% commission with monthly established draw (depending on level of experience). Eventually 100% commission.
- Eligible for sales incentive programs
- Monthly car allowance
- Medical Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Life Insurance
- Vacation – 2 Weeks (dates as defined per Union Contract)
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!