OPICI Family Distributing, a family owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years, is currently seeking a Sales Representative to join our Upstate New York Sales Team. This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Representative is responsible for presenting wines and spirits to retail and restaurant accounts in an assigned territory that includes Western New York’s Southern Tier. The position sells to retail accounts on supporting brands in-store through effective management of pricing, shelf positioning, displays and cold box placements. The position sells restaurants on supporting brands through effective management of wine by the glass, cocktail features, wine list placements, etc. The position will prospect and sell to unsold retail and restaurant accounts.
- Achieve sales targets consistently in territory.
- Must be passionate about forming and growing relationships.
- The ability to make effective presentations on products to customers and close the sale.
- Help support accounts on having product sell through to consumers. Must be willing to go the extra mile, by managing product positioning and improving how our products look in accounts.
- Weekly in-store shopper tastings to help promote and sell product.
- Must be able to handle administrative and territory management responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university preferred but not necessary if candidate has one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license mandatory, with acceptable to good driving record.
- Self-starter with strong communication, interpersonal skills with excellent customer relations skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 40 pounds.
- Good mathematical skills preferred
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Must live in sales territory.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Base salary or 100% commission with monthly established draw (depending on level of experience). Eventually 100% commission. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package and 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!