OPICI Family Distributing is a family-owned business in wine and spirits for over 100 years. Are you interested in learning what Supply Chain is all about? We are hiring! Opici Family Distributing, named one of the “Top 10 US Wine Distributors” in 2021 is looking to hire a Supply Chain Specialist.
This is an Excellent Opportunity to join Our Team and be a part of The OPICI VISION: To create extraordinary experiences through superior products and service from our family to yours.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supply Chain Specialist (SCS) has broad ranging responsibilities in all aspects of Supply Chain operations and is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day supply chain business results are achieved. This role combines analysis and reporting along with hands-on application within each of the departments in Supply Chain to ensure excellence in the overall performance of the operations. The position provides backup and support to key positions within the Supply Chain team.
Ideal candidate would be detail oriented, a superb multitasker and eager to learn. This role will support the Logistics Manager and be a valuable part our entire Supply Chain team.
Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Tracking and maintaining information on all types of shipments to each of our facilities (NJ, UNY, CT, MD, and DE)
- Communicating with other departments when shipping expectations will not be met and adjusting ETA’s accordingly
- Creating inbound shipment records in Opici ERP and maintaining their accuracies
- Obtaining freight quotes for all types of shipments
- Obtaining shipping documents and working closely with outside shipping and brokerage companies and internal warehouse location staff
- Audit system item settings for accuracy and efficiency
- Create and/or utilize reports to analyze data and suggest modifications and improvements accordingly.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2-year degree or relevant experience
- Bachelors preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and ERP Systems skills
- Excellent organizational skill
- Multitasking and prioritizing capabilities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with different departments and all levels within the organization
- Strong problem-solving skill and ability to create solutions to challenges in an expedient manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Compensation on the basis of experience. Eligible for Health and Welfare Package. 401k (with Company Match). Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in OPICI!